Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

My New Friend Hilde...

Todd and I don't exchange lots of presents.... we usually get each other a small birthday gift, go out for dinner on our anniversary, and save the Christmas exchanges for the kids. So, the last thing I was expecting this weekend was a "thank-you-for-giving-birth" present. And I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. My hubby got me a new sewing machine (!) and he thought of this all by himself. My old one works, yes, but you have to be patient and willing to putz around for about 20 minutes out of every hour in order to get it sewing again. It doesn't have much power, is hard to control, and well, wasn't my favorite. But who was I to complain? At least I had one.
Well, now, I have a much improved model. I named her Hilde (because the brand name is Viking) and I have only had time for a short test drive, but so far I am very happy! So, hubby, if you ever read this: thank you... you did good! Now I just need to find some time to sew! Pin It Now!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go Todd! Wishing you many many years with your machine. I love my Viking! Mine is a digital though and is a fortune to get it maintained, unfortunately. Since I stopped sewing fake animal print, and shag acrylics my machine has been much happier.
    I have some fabric you may like that I was going to pass on anyway, fairytale themed.

    ReplyDelete