Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Some Nesting Gifts for the Awaited Arrival...

OK, so maybe I have not been super busy scrubbing my house or putting together the nursery (since we only have 2 bedrooms, both of which are occupied..... which means that our new little bean will just be sleeping in our room until we figure out what to do with her!).. but I have been busy making a lot of stuff for this new little gal. I guess you could call this my version of nesting. Or maybe my version of not teaching this term and feeling like I need to stay busy!
Here is some of what I have put together for her over the past few weeks:

A heart embellished onesie... These are so easy to make! Just get some heat-bonding paper and make an iron-on patch with a piece of fabric. I then hand-stitched around the edges. You can machine-sew the edges also for a quicker project.

A hat and legwarmer set.. I love this yarn (even though I think it is a holiday edition!). I just sort of made up these patterns as I went. hopefully they fit her before it gets warm out!



Little baby gnome hate knitted from super soft merino wool:

A few new bibs...the instructions can be found in Bend the Rules Sewing, a great read for all of you sewers (like me) who don't ever seem to use a pattern....


And finally some felted booties (pattern from French Press Knits, which can be purchased online from ravelry)

I have a few more projects that I am putting the finishing touches on and I hope to soon start knitting a couple of wool diaper covers for my wee one. Otherwise, between the hand-me-downs and the baby gifts, we are all ready for this little one to arrive... well, stuff-wise anyways... mentally I am still in awe at the fact that soon (probably any day now) we will have expanded our family to 4!

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. So cute- I love those booties- What a throw back with the CP doll.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you are really talented! I love the bibs and the booties. Do you sell your stuff? Of course I'm having my third boy, and the stuff for boys just isn't as cute.... but I bet you could work wonders. Love the veggie bibs. A boy could use those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I do sell my stuff! I just actually opened up an etsy shop (not too much on there yet, but I am working on it). If you want to check it out, you can click on my sidebar etsy button (or try GreenMamaDesign.etsy.com). I can always do custom orders for boy stuff/colors as well. A lot of what I have posted is girl stuff, since I have been in girl mode lately!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how exciting! Everything is beautiful! And of COURSE this is nesting! Anyone can clean a floor. These handmade treasures are so special and such a great way to prepare and nest for her. Whenever I'm pregnant, I MUST sew for baby or else I get antsy. That and stock up on shampoo and soap. I don't know. Just a weird habit that surfaced every time. :) My fav is the knit hat and leg warmers. I LOVE that yarn. Some of my fav colors together. I can't wait to hear what her little name will be.

    ReplyDelete