Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

The First Bloom of the Year....

Yesterday we were lucky enough to have a small window of sun and Finn and I wandered around the neighborhood. It's funny how much more I notice, how much more I linger, when the sun is out...
Anyways, I saw that the first crocus of the year had popped up on my street- amazing since it is only January- but it gave me hope that sunnier days will come. In Portland the rain doesn't officially stop until July, but there are definitely longer and sunnier days on the horizon.

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. We noticed a yard full of purple crocuses while out walking today. I love to put blooming flowers on my blog in the winter too, makes the grandma's jealous in their frozen tundras.

    ReplyDelete