Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Handmade Home: A Review


A few weeks ago I finally got to borrow a copy of Amanda Blake Soule's Handmade Home.  I had to wait for that book for months, so I know that most of you have already heard of it. Amanda is the blogger who writes at Soulemama.com, and she is one crafty lady. I am always impressed by how thrifty she is and how much crafting she is able to get done while taking care of 4 children. Anyways, this book is another great one that inspires creativity and is full of good ideas... I was just sad that it took this long to get through the library waitlist because I now need to putting any crafting for myself on hold until after the holidays.
A few that I can't wait to try are paper mache bowls, home-sewn cloth diapers, and a baby sling! If you are looking for some inspiration or a little craft know-how, this book or Amanda's first book, The Creative Family, are both great resources! Pin It Now!

1 comment: