Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Gifts for My Soon-to-Be Neice

Part of the reason that I went back to Chicago last week was to celebrate my sister's new baby, who is due to arrive sometime around December 6th. For my One Thing, One Month pledge, I had decided not to buy anything new during the month of October, and so my sister's shower gifts were all handmade (with lots of love).
The hat, onsie and pants are all things that have been in my baby gift repertoire, but the bibs were a new one for me. I followed the instructions in the book Bend the Rules Sewing, one that is worth checking out if you haven't already. This book has great, SIMPLE, instructions for several different projects. And the bibs came out pretty cute I must say.



Pin It Now!

4 comments:

  1. So thoughtful!
    I enjoyed the gifts you made for your two year old niece too- glad you had a nice trip!
    Ps:a place that Moose Drool is on tap! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps: will u pls send me your email at

    renladyofthearts at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic gifts!! I'm always on the look out for handmade baby things - is your pattern or source of pattern for the baby hat on your blog? I love the wee pants too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hat pattern is not on my blog (although the baby pants one is....). The gnome hat was a verbal pattern I got from a friend of mine. Let me know if you are interested and I can email you approximate instructions!

    ReplyDelete