Mama Gone Green is a blog dedicated to raising happy children and reducing our impact on the Earth. My name is Taryn and I am the mother of 2 young kids and an environmental studies instructor at a community college in Portland, Oregon. Please join me as I journey through life as a mama, teacher, knitter, photographer, gardener, and environmentalist!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Our Mini Banging Wall



Last weekend, my husband and I created a small banging wall in our backyard for our toddler. I was inspired to do this after reading a post by Green Mama, another fellow mama blogger.
Anyways, it was super easy to do. As I was not ready to give up any of my kitchen ware to my backyard, I made a quick trip to the Goodwill where I found some small sized pots and things that would be good banging instruments. The ran me $0.99 to $1.99 a piece, so I think I spent about $4 total. And, they are pretty darn cute, if I do say so myself. Then, with the help of my significant other, we sawed a few pieces of wood we had lying around, and attached a small frame to the fence in our backyard. I screwed a few hooks into the fence, hung up the pots and provided wooden spoons for the mallets. Voila! A place for my son to vent his frustrations, make some music (?), and be very loud.
We are just getting over a terrible bout of the flu, so today was the first day that the banging wall was put to use. Now he has is own space to be loud outside (and not inside), so mama is happy, and so far the neighbors haven't complained, so all is well! Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment